- Every aspect of this helm has been compromised.
- Titans are taught to repair their armor after every battle. These gauntlets are a lost cause.
- Not in a million years could you buff out all the dints in this breastplate.
- These boots are unaccustomed to retreat.
- It is customary to shed a mark after victory or loss—to remind its finder of the history that came before.
- Broken remains of something wrecked or otherwise ruined
Disabled or in a state of ruin or dilapidation
- Something such as clothing or a book is tattered, it is damaged or torn, especially because it has been used a lot over a long period of time