“[whistle] With a few more revs, Zahn woulda turned this thing into the fastest bomb you never saw. Good thing for all of us he never got the chance.” —Amanda Holliday
A tilt fuze aka tilt fuse
- A device usually used in the operation of car bombs and other such detonators, relying on the force of a jerk or similar movement for the triggering of the desired explosion
- The tilt fuze is typically a home-made mercury switch
- When the sswitch is tilted or moved, the mercury “liquid metal” will slide down the tube and close the electrical circuit wired to the bomb.
- This completes the switch and allows electric current to travel to the detonation device
- Activation can be triggered through vibrations, sharp turns, fast stops and on steep inclines