Hawthorne forged this weapon out of scraps and salvage during her years alone in the wilds.
- Agroup of flowering plants characterized by leaves with sharp prickles on the margins, mostly in the family Asteraceae
- Prickles cover the plant and they adapt to their surroundings by protecting the plant from being eaten by herbivores
- Coniferous tree that has red berrylike fruits, and most parts of which are highly poisonous
- Mentioned in folklore and superstition and can live to a great age
- The timber is used in cabinetmaking and to make longbows