- “I will forge you into a weapon stronger than any blade.” –Lord Shaxx
- Fly faster. Cut deeper. Burn harder.
- The hotter you burn, the stronger you become.
- “It’s not a game. …Well, it is a game. But it’s more than that. Ah, Shaxx says it better. Go ask him.” –Cayde-6
- The phoenix that fights itself, then rises from its ashes stronger than ever. That is the Crucible.
Play on words from “Sword fight”
- Combat using swords as weapons.
Flavor text “The hotter you burn, the stronger you become.”
- Vessel or container made of materials that resist great heat
- A container made of graphite or porcelain that melts only at very high temperatures
- Used to strengthen metals by heating them to a liquid state and removing impurities before forging
- Long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn.
- Sun origin, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of iits own death.
- A phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again
- *May symbolize renewal as well as the sun, time, and resurrection.