Your wisdom will lead you to victory.
- Queen of Silla 1 of 3 Kingdom’s of Korea who could tell the future & built the very 1rst recorded observatory “Star-Gazing Tower”
- Korea political and religious fighting at that time split it into 3 Kingdoms, lead by three religion’s Shamanism, Buddhism and Confucianism
- Shamanism ancient female-dominated faith priestesses wield great power at court, foretell future, perform important rituals & heal sickness
- She writes notes to her dead grandmother, describing activities in the royal court or asking advice. These are transcribed in her diaries
- During Queen Sondok’s reign she help Buddhism flourish and also built the oldest standing astronomical observatory in Asia
- She was chosen due the one rank system, because their was no male heir the next highest social level was the sacred bone class