Ready for a tactical injection.
- The donation or sale of blood plasma for use in medical or other products
- The procedure is done in a walk-in facility, where whole blood is taken through an IV needle and separated into plasma and blood cells
- Composed of 90% water, plasma is a transporting medium for cells and a variety of substances vital to the human body
- Plasma carries out a variety of functions in the body, including clotting blood, fighting diseases and other critical functions
- Plasma donation and blood donation are critically important activities that contribute to saving lives
- Source plasma and recovered plasma are used to produce therapies that treat people with rare, chronic diseases and disorders such as primary immunodeficiency, hemophilia and a genetic lung disease, as well as in the treatment of trauma, burns and shock