- “The greatest compliment you can pay in the Crucible is to fight with everything you’ve got.” –Lord Shaxx
- “Mercy has no place in the Crucible. Going easy does no one any favors.” –Lord Shaxx
- Never stop striving.
- “Fight harder! Any less than your best is an insult to the very core of being a Guardian!” –Lord Shaxx
- The phoenix that fights itself, then rises from its ashes stronger than ever. That is the Crucible.
- Long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn.
- Sun origin, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of iits own death.
- A phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again
- *May symbolize renewal as well as the sun, time, and resurrection.
Ancient Egyptian lore
- A second sacred bird called the phoenix (according to the accounts of the people of Heliopolis) once in five hundred years, when the old phoenix dies. Its size and appearance, are shown as partly red, partly golden, plumage and size/body is almost exactly like an eagle
Even thus by the great sages ’tis confessed
The phoenix dies, and then is born again,
When it approaches its five-hundredth year;
On herb or grain it feeds not in its life,
But only on tears of incense and amomum,
And nard and myrrh are its last winding-sheet.