- Seek more than knowledge to unlock understanding.
- Beyond your reach is all you ever dreamed and more than you can imagine.
- Hold closely all you have learned. It is your weapon and your shield.
- Search your truth, no matter how long the journey.
- You know much, but this is all that matters… you are not alone.
- A lover of learning and studying
- Philomathy is similar distinguished from to philosophy in that-soph, specifies “wisdom” or “knowledge”, rather than the process of acquisition thereof
- An astrologer or predictor
In a philosophical dialogue, King James characterized Philomathes to debate on arguments of whether the ancient religious concepts of witchcraft should be punished in a politically fueled Christian society
- Using a character Epistemon King James poses arguments based on concepts of theological reasoning regarding society’s belief as his opponent
- Philomathes, take a philosophical stance on society’s legal aspects but sought to obtain the knowledge of Epistemon
- This philosophical approach signified a philomath seeking to obtain greater knowledge through epistemology
- The dialogue was used by King James to educate society on various concepts including the history and etymology of the subjects debated