- Do not suffer mysteries to remain unsolved.
- If knowledge is the coin that buys tomorrow, seek it.
- The act of understanding is not a weapon. But the application of understanding is that which ends wars.
- Knowledge is a responsibility.
- Change is the way of things.
word meaning ” Good with Hands”
- To be the superlative centaur amongst his brethren, as he was called as the “wisest and most just of all the centaurs”
- Kheiron was a renowned teacher who mentored many of the greatest heroes of myth including the Argonauts Jason and Peleus, the physician Asklepios (Asclepius), the demi-god Aristaios (Aristaeus) and Akhilleus (Achilles) of Troy
- The old Kentauros was accidentally wounded by Heracles when the hero was battling other members of the tribe. The wound, poisoned with Hydra-venom, was incurable, and suffering unbearable pain Chiron voluntarily relinquished his immortality.
- Zeus then placed him amongst the stars as the constellation Sagittarius or Centaurus
Heracles was connected with Chiron by friendship. However one of the poisoned arrows his was the cause of Chiron’s death
During his struggle with the Erymanthian boar, Heracles fought with the centaurs, who fled to Chiron. Heracles shooting at the Centaurs accidently struck Chiron with one of his arrows, although he was immortal, could not live any longer, and gave his immortality to Prometheus