Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?
Borealis from Borea
- Means Northern or North wind
- A natural light display
- Natural electrical phenomenon
- Appearance of streamers of reddish or greenish light in the sky, usually near the northern or southern magnetic pole
From the word meaning dawn
- The resulting ionization and excitation of atmospheric constituents emits light of varying color and complexity. The form of the aurora, occurring within bands around both polar regions, is also dependent on the amount of acceleration imparted to the precipitating particles. Precipitating protons generally produce optical emissions as incident hydrogen atoms after gaining electrons from the atmosphere. Proton auroras are usually observed at lower latitudes.
- Famous icebreaker ship shares the same name