Exo dreams: Bodies in Ice. Bodies falling like meteors. Worlds of panic, fever, hypnagogia.
- Relates to the state immediately before falling asleep
- The experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep
- The state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep
- Mental phenomena that may occur during this “threshold consciousness” phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations and, sleep paralysis
- People who have spent a long time at some repetitive activity before sleep, especially one that is new, may find that it dominates their imagery as they grow drowsy, a tendency dubbed the Tetris effect
- Amnesiacs who otherwise have no memory of the original activity, if the activity involves moving objects, as in the video game Tetris, the corresponding hypnagogic images tend to be perceived as moving