- We have much to teach each other.
- Focus not on the death, but on the rebirth.
- The hotter the furnace, the purer the metal.
- “Developing a theory is one thing – proving it in the field quite another. That’s the beauty of the Crucible.” –Ikora Rey
- The phoenix that fights itself, then rises from its ashes stronger than ever. That is the Crucible.
- ‘the phoenix’
Alpha Phoenicis aka Ankaa
- The brightest star in the constellation of Phoenix
- A spectroscopic binary star system
- Soon to become a nebula in astronomical terms
- It will shed its outer layers as a planetary nebula and end its life quietly as a white dwarf
Flavor text “The hotter the furnace, the purer the metal.”
- Vessel or container made of materials that resist great heat
- A container made of graphite or porcelain that melts only at very high temperatures
- Used to strengthen metals by heating them to a liquid state and removing impurities before forging
- Long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn.
- Sun origin, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of iits own death.
- A phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again
- *May symbolize renewal as well as the sun, time, and resurrection.