“I am one with the flame. The conflagration reborn. I am your funeral pyre.” —Anthem of the Abbadon
This spelling means “active destruction”
- “Avad dohn” is literally “A bad Dawn”
This is referring to the active destruction taking place in the fiery burial place of the dead known as “Sheol”-the grave of mankind.
Sheol is described as both on fire and in snow.
Flavor text Funeral Pyre and Conflagration
- Pyre= The bonfire one would lay the dead upon in cremation ceremony.
Bonfire gets its name from the bones left in the fire
- Conflagration=The whole of all materiasls in an active state of being consumed by fire
The two spellings Abbadon and Abaddon signifying his fall
origin is from Greek “Apollyon”
- Fallen Angel who became the realm of the dead. AKA “Angel of the Abyss”
- Many conflicting accounts of who and what Abbadon is. He’s both a hero and Villain depending on the source of literature.
- He is said to be in league with Lucifer, and a King in Hell in some references.
- In others, he wrestled with Satan during the the Apocalypse and cast him into the Abyss, where he was ultimately defeated and bound.